Are you ready to sell your business?
As I was listening to a fellow business owner explain why she wants to sell her business, I couldn’t help seeing that she was selling her job not her business.
This unsatisfied entrepreneur was in the mindset of hopelessness, helplessness and fatigue. As I tried to snap her into the space of enlightenment, it was apparent that she decided that she was unhappy with many aspects of her personal and professional life.
When selling your business make sure you sincerely will miss certain aspects of it and communicate it with passion and enthusiasm.
I will miss…..
1) Managing the revenue and expenses
2) Developing innovating solutions and partnerships
3) Watching my staff be resourceful and grow personally
4) Crafting processes and procedures that help make everyone’s jobs easier
5) Preventing errors and fixing mistakes
The element that is staring each of us in the face is TRUST. How well do you trust yourself as a leader? How well do you trust your staff? How well do you trust others?
If you can’t sell trust then why sell your business?